Need a new tool or device to live independently? We’re here for you. We fund equipment for Montanans with disabilities when insurance fails to cover enough of the cost. We also cover the cost of travel for rural people with disabilities in need of specialist care.
What qualifies for assistance:
- Must be for one specific person, not groups.
- Must be necessary for safety or independence.
- Must be related to a disability.
- Funding must have already been denied by insurance, if you have it.
- To qualify for full funding, household income (minus outstanding medical expenses) must be at or below the federal poverty line. If not, we will fund 75% of your expenses.
How to apply:
- If you’re requesting equipment worth less than $200, submit the short form. If you’re requesting equipment worth more than $200, submit the standard form.
- If you’re completing the standard form, we’ll need a few more pieces of information from you. Email a letter from your healthcare provider with your relevant diagnoses, as well as proof of income (pay stub, last year’s 1040 or W-2, or a letter from employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org after you’ve submitted your application. You can also email this address with questions you might have about this process.
- Someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- If your application is approved, we will purchase your equipment directly from the vendor and send it to you.
We can’t wait to hear from you!